Thursday, July 19, 2012

Self Portraits

 For some reason yesterday I got the idea that I needed to take some self portraits, maybe its because I was playing with my make up and it turned out and I had no where to go! Or maybe it was because for some reason I decided to break my lazy cycle and roll my hair, so my hair was curly and fabulous and again, no where to go. So no where to go + time to kill = self portraits. I don't take anything more than point and shoot snaps of myself once in a while normally because I always feel burnt out on making everyone else look fabulous, but sometimes it just must be done! I have to say i'm pretty pleased with the way these few turned out. One good thing about editing my self portraits is I feel more allowed to play with weird editing techniques, its how I pick up new tricks and start digging for new textures and paintbrushes. When something works, I start using it for client's photos. So in the long run, its never just play for me, i'm always working in one way or the other. But I really don't mind it. I think with out my job i'd be a total nutcase right now! One thing I can't handle is having nothing to do for long periods of time.


2 comments:

  1. I really love these pics. I would love have you do something similar for me sometime. I love the flowers and the edits.

    ReplyDelete